Polamalu sidelined for Ravens game
• For the second game in a row -- and sixth time this season -- Steelers safety Troy Polamalu will be sidelined because of a knee injury. Polamalu, quarterback Charlie Batch (wrist) and guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) are out for Sunday's 8:20 p.m. game at Baltimore.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (concussion) is listed as questionable but is expected to start. Roethlisberger fully participated in each of the team's three practices this week. He was cleared by the medical staff and said he will play.
• Defensive end Travis Kirschke (calf) practiced Friday and will play. Kirschke, who missed the last three games, is expected to start in place of Nick Eason, who started the last three games. "I tried to give it a try last Wednesday. This game's just too hard to play when you're tentative with an injury,'' Kirschke said. "We thought it was better to rest it and try again this week. Each day we added more to the plate. Each day, it's gotten better.''
• For Baltimore, defensive end Terrell Suggs (knee) did not practice yesterday and is doubtful. Suggs is expected to be a game-time decision. Safety Ed Reed (foot and illness) did not practice, and linebacker Ray Lewis (foot) was limited in practice. Reed and Lewis are listed as questionable but are expected to play. Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (ankle) was limited in practice and is probable.
1 -- Touchdown passes Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco threw in three games against the Steelers last season (including playoffs).
5 -- Interceptions Flacco had against the Steelers last season (including playoffs).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives