Polamalu sidelined for Ravens game
• For the second game in a row -- and sixth time this season -- Steelers safety Troy Polamalu will be sidelined because of a knee injury. Polamalu, quarterback Charlie Batch (wrist) and guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) are out for Sunday's 8:20 p.m. game at Baltimore.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (concussion) is listed as questionable but is expected to start. Roethlisberger fully participated in each of the team's three practices this week. He was cleared by the medical staff and said he will play.
• Defensive end Travis Kirschke (calf) practiced Friday and will play. Kirschke, who missed the last three games, is expected to start in place of Nick Eason, who started the last three games. "I tried to give it a try last Wednesday. This game's just too hard to play when you're tentative with an injury,'' Kirschke said. "We thought it was better to rest it and try again this week. Each day we added more to the plate. Each day, it's gotten better.''
• For Baltimore, defensive end Terrell Suggs (knee) did not practice yesterday and is doubtful. Suggs is expected to be a game-time decision. Safety Ed Reed (foot and illness) did not practice, and linebacker Ray Lewis (foot) was limited in practice. Reed and Lewis are listed as questionable but are expected to play. Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (ankle) was limited in practice and is probable.
1 -- Touchdown passes Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco threw in three games against the Steelers last season (including playoffs).
5 -- Interceptions Flacco had against the Steelers last season (including playoffs).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ Polamalu ponders murky future after team’s playoff loss
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal