Polamalu sidelined for Ravens game
• For the second game in a row -- and sixth time this season -- Steelers safety Troy Polamalu will be sidelined because of a knee injury. Polamalu, quarterback Charlie Batch (wrist) and guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) are out for Sunday's 8:20 p.m. game at Baltimore.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (concussion) is listed as questionable but is expected to start. Roethlisberger fully participated in each of the team's three practices this week. He was cleared by the medical staff and said he will play.
• Defensive end Travis Kirschke (calf) practiced Friday and will play. Kirschke, who missed the last three games, is expected to start in place of Nick Eason, who started the last three games. "I tried to give it a try last Wednesday. This game's just too hard to play when you're tentative with an injury,'' Kirschke said. "We thought it was better to rest it and try again this week. Each day we added more to the plate. Each day, it's gotten better.''
• For Baltimore, defensive end Terrell Suggs (knee) did not practice yesterday and is doubtful. Suggs is expected to be a game-time decision. Safety Ed Reed (foot and illness) did not practice, and linebacker Ray Lewis (foot) was limited in practice. Reed and Lewis are listed as questionable but are expected to play. Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (ankle) was limited in practice and is probable.
1 -- Touchdown passes Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco threw in three games against the Steelers last season (including playoffs).
5 -- Interceptions Flacco had against the Steelers last season (including playoffs).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures