Steelers' Polamalu expected to sit Sunday
Strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) didn't practice Thursday, and he is not expected to play Sunday against the visiting Oakland Raiders.
The Steelers may also be without defensive end Travis Kirscke (calf) who has yet to practice this week despite playing in last Sunday's 20-17 overtime loss to the Ravens. If Kirschke is unable to go Sunday, Nick Eason would likely start at left defensive end and share time with rookie Ziggy Hood.
» Left guard Chris Kemoeatu again was a full participant in practice yesterday. He appears to be on track to play against the Raiders after missing the Steelers' last game with a medial collateral ligament (MCL) tear in his left knee.
» Cornerback Anthony Madison, who led the Steelers in special-teams tackles in 2008, practiced with the team yesterday for the first time since getting waived in early September. Madison has already been with two other teams this season. When Indianapolis released him earlier this week, the Steelers re-signed Madison and waived Corey Ivy. Madison has been a standout on both punt and kickoff coverage teams during his career.
"I wouldn't say I was expecting (the Steelers) to call, but I knew that the team had been having some problems on special teams," said Madison, who had signed with the Browns after getting cut by the Steelers, "and I'm sure they know what I've done in the past here and hoping that I can come back and pick up where I left off at.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Rossi: A practically perfect Pittsburgh day
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice