Steelers' Polamalu expected to sit Sunday
Strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) didn't practice Thursday, and he is not expected to play Sunday against the visiting Oakland Raiders.
The Steelers may also be without defensive end Travis Kirscke (calf) who has yet to practice this week despite playing in last Sunday's 20-17 overtime loss to the Ravens. If Kirschke is unable to go Sunday, Nick Eason would likely start at left defensive end and share time with rookie Ziggy Hood.
» Left guard Chris Kemoeatu again was a full participant in practice yesterday. He appears to be on track to play against the Raiders after missing the Steelers' last game with a medial collateral ligament (MCL) tear in his left knee.
» Cornerback Anthony Madison, who led the Steelers in special-teams tackles in 2008, practiced with the team yesterday for the first time since getting waived in early September. Madison has already been with two other teams this season. When Indianapolis released him earlier this week, the Steelers re-signed Madison and waived Corey Ivy. Madison has been a standout on both punt and kickoff coverage teams during his career.
"I wouldn't say I was expecting (the Steelers) to call, but I knew that the team had been having some problems on special teams," said Madison, who had signed with the Browns after getting cut by the Steelers, "and I'm sure they know what I've done in the past here and hoping that I can come back and pick up where I left off at.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots