Raiders lose guard Gallery for rest of season
Oakland Raiders left guard Robert Gallery will miss the rest of the season with a lower back injury. Gallery injured himself in last week's game at Pittsburgh. Coach Tom Cable said Thursday that Gallery will need a "repair" done and won't return this season.
» Vince Young aggravated his right knee, and Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher calls it a "setback. The Titans quarterback had to leave practice early yesterday, limping off the field with ice wrapped over his knee.
» Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan sat out another practice because of a toe injury, making it increasingly unlikely he'll be able to play against the unbeaten New Orleans Saints.
» New England quarterback Tom Brady missed practice for the second straight day. The Patriots listed Brady with right finger, right shoulder and rib problems although none seemed serious.
» Miami Dolphins linebacker Jason Taylor returned to practice after missing one day of drills with a sore right shoulder. Linebacker Joey Porter remained sidelined with the right knee injury that has hampered him much of the season.
» St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson missed his eighth straight practice, resting an aching back. But on game day he'll again be carrying a heavy load for the Rams' feeble offense.
» Dallas Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett missed a second straight practice because of concussion-related symptoms.
» Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers missed Kansas City's practice on Thursday with a shoulder injury.
» Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin missed practice again because of migraine headaches.
» The New York Jets placed linebacker and special-teams ace Larry Izzo on injured reserve with a herniated disk in his neck.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Big Ben’s struggles emblematic of loss
- Panthers defensive end Hardy placed on exempt list