Raiders lose guard Gallery for rest of season
Oakland Raiders left guard Robert Gallery will miss the rest of the season with a lower back injury. Gallery injured himself in last week's game at Pittsburgh. Coach Tom Cable said Thursday that Gallery will need a "repair" done and won't return this season.
» Vince Young aggravated his right knee, and Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher calls it a "setback. The Titans quarterback had to leave practice early yesterday, limping off the field with ice wrapped over his knee.
» Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan sat out another practice because of a toe injury, making it increasingly unlikely he'll be able to play against the unbeaten New Orleans Saints.
» New England quarterback Tom Brady missed practice for the second straight day. The Patriots listed Brady with right finger, right shoulder and rib problems although none seemed serious.
» Miami Dolphins linebacker Jason Taylor returned to practice after missing one day of drills with a sore right shoulder. Linebacker Joey Porter remained sidelined with the right knee injury that has hampered him much of the season.
» St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson missed his eighth straight practice, resting an aching back. But on game day he'll again be carrying a heavy load for the Rams' feeble offense.
» Dallas Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett missed a second straight practice because of concussion-related symptoms.
» Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers missed Kansas City's practice on Thursday with a shoulder injury.
» Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin missed practice again because of migraine headaches.
» The New York Jets placed linebacker and special-teams ace Larry Izzo on injured reserve with a herniated disk in his neck.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line