Raiders lose guard Gallery for rest of season
Oakland Raiders left guard Robert Gallery will miss the rest of the season with a lower back injury. Gallery injured himself in last week's game at Pittsburgh. Coach Tom Cable said Thursday that Gallery will need a "repair" done and won't return this season.
» Vince Young aggravated his right knee, and Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher calls it a "setback. The Titans quarterback had to leave practice early yesterday, limping off the field with ice wrapped over his knee.
» Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan sat out another practice because of a toe injury, making it increasingly unlikely he'll be able to play against the unbeaten New Orleans Saints.
» New England quarterback Tom Brady missed practice for the second straight day. The Patriots listed Brady with right finger, right shoulder and rib problems although none seemed serious.
» Miami Dolphins linebacker Jason Taylor returned to practice after missing one day of drills with a sore right shoulder. Linebacker Joey Porter remained sidelined with the right knee injury that has hampered him much of the season.
» St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson missed his eighth straight practice, resting an aching back. But on game day he'll again be carrying a heavy load for the Rams' feeble offense.
» Dallas Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett missed a second straight practice because of concussion-related symptoms.
» Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers missed Kansas City's practice on Thursday with a shoulder injury.
» Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin missed practice again because of migraine headaches.
» The New York Jets placed linebacker and special-teams ace Larry Izzo on injured reserve with a herniated disk in his neck.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons