Cards' Fitzgerald looks to play this weekend
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald went through a limited practice Wednesday and expressed confidence he will be in the lineup Sunday at Detroit despite a bruised bone and right knee sprain.
» Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware has made substantial progress and could play Saturday night in New Orleans, less than a week after a scary hit that left him sprawled on the field with a strained neck. Ware didn't practice yesterday, but attended meetings, went through a walkthrough session and even worked out.
» Charlie Frye was picked to start at quarterback over former top overall draft pick JaMarcus Russell when the Oakland Raiders visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday. Coach Tom Cable said Wednesday that Russell will be his No. 2 quarterback, with the newly signed J.P. Losman third. Seton-La Salle graduate Bruce Gradkowski is out for the season with torn ligaments in both knees.
» Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young wants to play Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, but he missed yesterday's practice with a bad right hamstring.
» New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez practiced for the first time since spraining the posterior cruciate ligament in the knee against Buffalo on Dec. 3. Coach Rex Ryan wants to be sure there's no stiffness or swelling in Sanchez's knee before deciding whether he or Kellen Clemens will start against Atlanta on Sunday.
» Wide receiver Nate Burleson has a high ankle sprain and may not play again this season for the Seahawks.
» Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is still struggling with migraine headaches. The chronic problem forced the rookie from Florida to miss the game against Cincinnati last week.
» The NFL will allow advertising for Las Vegas on game telecasts this postseason, including the Super Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- NFL notebook: Broncos left tackle Clady tears ACL, likely out for season
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- West Virginia WR White selected by Bears