Steelers' Roethlisberger has words for Bus
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger responded to comments Thursday that former teammate Jerome Bettis made on a syndicated radio program that the Steelers' season "is basically over" following their 13-6 loss to the Cleveland Browns.
"When you lose your spirit, then everything is pretty much gone," Bettis said on the Dan Patrick Show. "It tells me the leadership isn't there."
Said Roethlisberger: "I guess he's entitled to his opinion. He's not on this team, he's not in this locker room, so he's just taking an outside view as all of you (media) guys are. If you don't know, I don't think you should speak on it."
Roethlisberger addressed a number of topics yesterday during his weekly session with the media, including the Steelers' five-game losing streak — the longest of his football career.
"Not in high school, not here, and I don't think so in college," Roethlisberger said. "For me, you get upset, you get disappointed. I hate losing more than anything. You have to play your best football to try to get out of it."
» WR Limas Sweed (illness) missed his second consecutive day of practice yesterday. LB James Farrior (not injury related), WR Hines Ward (hamstring) and C Justin Hartwig (knee) returned to practice, but Hartwig was limited. G Chris Kemoeatu (wrist) was limited for the second consecutive day.
3 — Consecutive Steelers' home wins against Green Bay.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Steelers notebook: Finally, the bye week is on tap
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots