Steelers' Roethlisberger has words for Bus
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger responded to comments Thursday that former teammate Jerome Bettis made on a syndicated radio program that the Steelers' season "is basically over" following their 13-6 loss to the Cleveland Browns.
"When you lose your spirit, then everything is pretty much gone," Bettis said on the Dan Patrick Show. "It tells me the leadership isn't there."
Said Roethlisberger: "I guess he's entitled to his opinion. He's not on this team, he's not in this locker room, so he's just taking an outside view as all of you (media) guys are. If you don't know, I don't think you should speak on it."
Roethlisberger addressed a number of topics yesterday during his weekly session with the media, including the Steelers' five-game losing streak — the longest of his football career.
"Not in high school, not here, and I don't think so in college," Roethlisberger said. "For me, you get upset, you get disappointed. I hate losing more than anything. You have to play your best football to try to get out of it."
» WR Limas Sweed (illness) missed his second consecutive day of practice yesterday. LB James Farrior (not injury related), WR Hines Ward (hamstring) and C Justin Hartwig (knee) returned to practice, but Hartwig was limited. G Chris Kemoeatu (wrist) was limited for the second consecutive day.
3 — Consecutive Steelers' home wins against Green Bay.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers’ receivers enjoy being part of Ben’s record day
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional