Henry's funeral Tuesday in New Orleans
Chris Henry's funeral will be Tuesday in the New Orleans area, where the Cincinnati Bengals receiver grew up.
The Bengals announced Saturday that the afternoon funeral will be at Alario Center in Westwego, La. The 26-year-old Henry was from nearby Belle Chasse.
Henry died Thursday in North Carolina after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during what police described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.
The Bengals will fly a charter to the funeral Tuesday and will return later in the day.
Redskins' O-line banged up
The Washington Redskins could use their eighth offensive line combination of the season when they play host to the New York Giants on Monday night.
Right tackle Stephon Heyer was unable to practice this week due to a knee injury and was listed as questionable yesterday. First-year lineman Will Robinson, promoted from the practice squad last week, will make his NFL debut Monday if Heyer can't play.
Cornerback DeAngelo Hall (sprained knee), defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (shoulder) and fullback Mike Sellers (bruised thigh) also are questionable.
Jaguars waive Cox, Wyche
The Jacksonville Jaguars waived defensive back Kennard Cox and defensive end James Wyche.
The move leaves the Jaguars with two open roster spots.
Cox, a seventh-round draft pick by Buffalo in 2008, has played in four games this season, and Wyche, a seventh-round draft pick in 2006, played in two games this season.
Eagles-49ers kickoff change
The start of the Eagles-49ers game today was moved to 4:15 p.m. from 1 p.m. because of a snowstorm in Philadelphia.
The Eagles said yesterday that the change was made to accommodate fans and allow more time for city and stadium personnel to clear streets and walkways in and around the stadium.
The game will be televised on Fox as scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ fourth-round pick Grant relies on smarts to get job done
- Steelers are banking on linebackers to improve strength of defense
- Kaboly: Steelers fill biggest needs by drafting defensive players
- Steelers get their corner with Mississippi’s Golson
- Steelers draft WR from Auburn in 3rd round
- Penn State tight end James, a South Allegheny grad, goes to Steelers in 5th round
- Steelers take Kentucky OLB Dupree with 1st-round pick in draft
- Steelers notebook: Harrison will play fewer snaps this season
- Steelers focus on defense on final day of NFL Draft
- Steeler draft analysis: There’s no excuse for no 1st-round cornerback
- Bucs draft PSU tackle Smith with second-round pick