Lewis inactive again for Steelers
The Steelers will not make any significant changes as they try to avoid losing a sixth-straight game for the first time since 1999.
The starting lineup has remained intact for today's game against the visiting Green Bay Packers, and there are no surprises among the list Steelers inactives.
The list includes the injured (or ill) — strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee), guard Chris Kemoeatu (wrist) and wide receiver Limas Sweed (sick) — as well as the usual.
Among that group are guard Kraig Urbik, defensive end Sunny Harris and yes, rookie cornerback Keenan Lewis. Since coach Mike Tomlin said he wanted to see more of Lewis we haven't seen any of the third-round draft pick.
While Lewis is inactive, it will be interesting to see how much playing time rookie cornerback Joe Burnett gets today. Burnett played for both Ike Taylor and William Gay in the Steelers' 13-6 loss in Cleveland on Dec. 10 though he saw only spot duty.
Rounding out the list of inactives for the Steelers are defensive end Nick Eason and quarterback Charlie Batch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Rossi: Steelers defense nowhere near Super standard
- Starkey: Players will make or break Steelers’ new coordinator
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension