Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben