Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers injured running back Bell won’t be in uniform for Pro Bowl
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Rossi: Steelers defense nowhere near Super standard