Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Michigan State takes bumpy road to finale against Penn State
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- House fire displaces family of 6 in Somerset County
- Palestinian artist who appealed blasphemy sentence of 800 lashes, prison sentenced to execution
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- Knoch girls seek dividends of experience