Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Steelers-Ravens grades: Scobee rhymes with ‘D’
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise