Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State