Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Falcons notebook: Penalty on final drive turns costly
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers