Sweed, Warren out for season
The Steelers have two roster spots to fill after placing long snapper Greg Warren on injured reserve and wide receiver Limas Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Both are out for the rest of the season.
Warren had to be carried off the field Sunday after Jeff Reed kicked the extra point that gave the Steelers a 37-36 win over the Green Bat Packers. He appeared to have torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Sweed, who caught just one pass for five yards this season, didn't dress for the game against the Packers because of the illness.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers remain confident in ground game