Steelers safety Polamalu will sit vs. Ravens
As expected, Steelers' All-Pro strong safety Troy Polamalu will miss his sixth consecutive game because of a strained posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Polamalu didn't practice all week, and the Steelers have ruled him out for their 1 p.m. game Sunday against the visiting Ravens.
The Steelers may have another injury issue on defense, as outside linebacker James Harrison didn't practice Friday because of a biceps injury. Harrison, who leads the Steelers with 10 sacks, is listed as questionable for the game that the Steelers need to win to remain a viable playoff contender.
Starting defensive end Brett Keisel (neck) practiced for the second straight day yesterday. He is listed as probable for the Ravens game.
» Rookie Ramon Foster, who signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent, will make his second consecutive start at left guard Sunday. That is because Chris Kemoeatu will miss his second game in as many weeks because of a wrist injury. Kemoeatu practiced Wednesday but had a setback and sat out the last two days of drills at the Steelers' South Side facility.
» The Steelers appear to be in good shape at wide receiver. Hines Ward (hamstring) and Mike Wallace (knee) practiced again yesterday and are listed as probable for Sunday. Joining them on that list are running backs Rashard Mendenhall (hip) and Willie Parker (knee).
» The Steelers are trying to avoid a season sweep by the Ravens for just the second time since the two became division rivals in 1996.
» The Steelers' seven losses this season have come by a total of 28 points; the Ravens' six losses have come by a total of 36 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers notebook: Rookie CB Golson still dealing with left shoulder pain
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers extend head coach Tomlin’s contract through 2018 season
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue