Steelers safety Polamalu will sit vs. Ravens
As expected, Steelers' All-Pro strong safety Troy Polamalu will miss his sixth consecutive game because of a strained posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Polamalu didn't practice all week, and the Steelers have ruled him out for their 1 p.m. game Sunday against the visiting Ravens.
The Steelers may have another injury issue on defense, as outside linebacker James Harrison didn't practice Friday because of a biceps injury. Harrison, who leads the Steelers with 10 sacks, is listed as questionable for the game that the Steelers need to win to remain a viable playoff contender.
Starting defensive end Brett Keisel (neck) practiced for the second straight day yesterday. He is listed as probable for the Ravens game.
» Rookie Ramon Foster, who signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent, will make his second consecutive start at left guard Sunday. That is because Chris Kemoeatu will miss his second game in as many weeks because of a wrist injury. Kemoeatu practiced Wednesday but had a setback and sat out the last two days of drills at the Steelers' South Side facility.
» The Steelers appear to be in good shape at wide receiver. Hines Ward (hamstring) and Mike Wallace (knee) practiced again yesterday and are listed as probable for Sunday. Joining them on that list are running backs Rashard Mendenhall (hip) and Willie Parker (knee).
» The Steelers are trying to avoid a season sweep by the Ravens for just the second time since the two became division rivals in 1996.
» The Steelers' seven losses this season have come by a total of 28 points; the Ravens' six losses have come by a total of 36 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Wilkinsburg mom pleads guilty to child endangerment, will testify against boyfriend
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Kane to announce plans for next chapter in porn email saga
- LCB offers free holiday shipping to state stores
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer