Redskins discipline star DT Haynesworth
Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been sent home from practice.
Coach Jim Zorn told reporters Friday he sent home Haynesworth for disciplinary reasons. Zorn says Haynesworth will still play Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys but might not start.
Haynesworth was fined $10,000 by the NFL on Thursday for an altercation with Giants running back Brandon Jacobs late in New York's 45-12 victory at Washington.
» Brian Westbrook could be a decoy, part-time player or third-down specialist. All that matters is he'll be back on the field. Westbrook completed a full week of practice and is expected to play for the Philadelphia Eagles against Denver on Sunday after missing five weeks with a concussion.
» Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams is doubtful for Sunday's game against the New York Giants after missing his third straight practice with a sprained left ankle. Reserve running back Tyrell Sutton is also doubtful after sitting out practice with a calf injury.
» Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo still hasn't picked a starting quarterback for St. Louis' game at Arizona on Sunday. Rookie Keith Null started the last two games — the first when Kyle Boller was sidelined by a thigh injury, and the second after Boller had flulike symptoms for several days. Boller returned to practice this week, but Spagnuolo has yet to tip his hand.
» New England Patriots running back Fred Taylor is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against his former team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. Taylor has missed the last 10 games with an ankle injury. He participated fully in practices Wednesday and Thursday and on a limited basis yesterday.
» Wide receiver Eddie Royal will not play for the Denver Broncos in Sunday's game with the Philadelphia Eagles. Spencer Larsen, a special teams player and backup inside linebacker, has a hamstring injury and also won't play.
» Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was limited in practice yesterday and his availability for Sunday's game in Atlanta will be a gametime decision. Brian Brohm would start if Fitzpatrick can't go.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks