Redskins discipline star DT Haynesworth
Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been sent home from practice.
Coach Jim Zorn told reporters Friday he sent home Haynesworth for disciplinary reasons. Zorn says Haynesworth will still play Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys but might not start.
Haynesworth was fined $10,000 by the NFL on Thursday for an altercation with Giants running back Brandon Jacobs late in New York's 45-12 victory at Washington.
» Brian Westbrook could be a decoy, part-time player or third-down specialist. All that matters is he'll be back on the field. Westbrook completed a full week of practice and is expected to play for the Philadelphia Eagles against Denver on Sunday after missing five weeks with a concussion.
» Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams is doubtful for Sunday's game against the New York Giants after missing his third straight practice with a sprained left ankle. Reserve running back Tyrell Sutton is also doubtful after sitting out practice with a calf injury.
» Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo still hasn't picked a starting quarterback for St. Louis' game at Arizona on Sunday. Rookie Keith Null started the last two games — the first when Kyle Boller was sidelined by a thigh injury, and the second after Boller had flulike symptoms for several days. Boller returned to practice this week, but Spagnuolo has yet to tip his hand.
» New England Patriots running back Fred Taylor is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against his former team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. Taylor has missed the last 10 games with an ankle injury. He participated fully in practices Wednesday and Thursday and on a limited basis yesterday.
» Wide receiver Eddie Royal will not play for the Denver Broncos in Sunday's game with the Philadelphia Eagles. Spencer Larsen, a special teams player and backup inside linebacker, has a hamstring injury and also won't play.
» Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was limited in practice yesterday and his availability for Sunday's game in Atlanta will be a gametime decision. Brian Brohm would start if Fitzpatrick can't go.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell