Browns avert first blackout in 14 years
CLEVELAND — The Browns' game today against the Oakland Raiders will be televised locally.
The Browns announced Saturday that the team had averted a local blackout within a 75-mile radius. The team said it had distributed a portion of remaining tickets to a range of local civic organizations.
Some tickets are still available for purchase by the general public.
The Browns haven't had a blackout since the final game of 1995, the team's last before former owner Art Modell moved his franchise to Baltimore.
After facing the Raiders, the Browns will conclude this season at home against Jacksonville.
Bears' Hester questionable
Chicago Bears receiver Devin Hester is questionable to return Monday against the Minnesota Vikings after missing two games with a strained left calf.
Hester practiced on a limited basis this week for the first time since he was injured against St. Louis on Dec. 6.
Punter Brad Maynard did not practice yesterday and is also questionable with a left groin injury. Also questionable are defensive end Gaines Adams with an ankle and safety Al Afalava with a knee.
Safety Kevin Payne is doubtful with an ankle injury.
Bills' WR sidelined
The Buffalo Bills said slot receiver Josh Reed will not play in today's game at the Atlanta Falcons. Reed did not travel with the team to Atlanta due to an ankle injury.
Panthers' RB out
Panthers reserve running back Tyrell Sutton won't play against the New York Giants today because of a calf injury.
Sutton didn't travel yesterday, a day after the team listed him as doubtful for the game.
Starting running back DeAngelo Williams was also doubtful with a sprained left ankle, although he made the trip to New York.
Possible impersonator sought
Police say a man wanted for cyberstalking may be the same person pretending to be Carolina Panthers left tackle Travelle Wharton.
A misdemeanor cyberstalking warrant has been issued for Christon Brewer, who has lived in Charlotte and Monroe.
The Panthers announced last week that a Wharton impostor defrauded a handful of people out of about $25,000 in bogus investment scams over the past year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense