Steelers hire former LB Olsavsky as defensive assistant coach
The Steelers have hired Jerry Olsavsky, who played linebacker for them from 1989-97, as a defensive quality control coach.
Olsavsky replaces Lou Spanos, who left last month to become the linebackers coach for the Washington Redskins.
Olsavsky, who starred at Pitt before embarking on a 10-year career in the NFL, had been an assistant coach at Youngstown State.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out