Veteran wide receiver Battle to visit Steelers
Veteran wide receiver Arnaz Battle, an unrestricted free agent who played his entire NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers, will visit the Steelers this weekend.
The Steelers are apparently shopping for a new No. 4 receiver after experiencing little success there with Limas Sweed and Shaun McDonald in 2009.
Battle, who has 178 career receptions for 2,150 yards and 11 touchdowns in seven seasons, also excels on special teams, which is another area the Steelers need to upgrade. New special teams coach Al Everest coached Battle in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, unrestricted free agent defensive end Nick Eason, who started five games for the Steelers last season, will visit the Arizona Cardinals on Tuesday.
Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt, the former offensive coordinator under Bill Cowher, featured five former Steelers on his roster in 2009 — cornerback Bryant McFadden, linebacker Clark Haggans, fullback Dan Kreider, wide receiver Sean Morey and quarterback Brian St. Pierre.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reports: Steelers trade for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players