Veteran wide receiver Battle to visit Steelers
Veteran wide receiver Arnaz Battle, an unrestricted free agent who played his entire NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers, will visit the Steelers this weekend.
The Steelers are apparently shopping for a new No. 4 receiver after experiencing little success there with Limas Sweed and Shaun McDonald in 2009.
Battle, who has 178 career receptions for 2,150 yards and 11 touchdowns in seven seasons, also excels on special teams, which is another area the Steelers need to upgrade. New special teams coach Al Everest coached Battle in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, unrestricted free agent defensive end Nick Eason, who started five games for the Steelers last season, will visit the Arizona Cardinals on Tuesday.
Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt, the former offensive coordinator under Bill Cowher, featured five former Steelers on his roster in 2009 — cornerback Bryant McFadden, linebacker Clark Haggans, fullback Dan Kreider, wide receiver Sean Morey and quarterback Brian St. Pierre.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt takes first steps toward proving mettle