Veteran wide receiver Battle to visit Steelers
Veteran wide receiver Arnaz Battle, an unrestricted free agent who played his entire NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers, will visit the Steelers this weekend.
The Steelers are apparently shopping for a new No. 4 receiver after experiencing little success there with Limas Sweed and Shaun McDonald in 2009.
Battle, who has 178 career receptions for 2,150 yards and 11 touchdowns in seven seasons, also excels on special teams, which is another area the Steelers need to upgrade. New special teams coach Al Everest coached Battle in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, unrestricted free agent defensive end Nick Eason, who started five games for the Steelers last season, will visit the Arizona Cardinals on Tuesday.
Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt, the former offensive coordinator under Bill Cowher, featured five former Steelers on his roster in 2009 — cornerback Bryant McFadden, linebacker Clark Haggans, fullback Dan Kreider, wide receiver Sean Morey and quarterback Brian St. Pierre.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line
- Steelers’ Brown arrives in style, vows to be ‘the best in the world’
- Steelers RB Bell ready despite being in limbo