Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas