Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers remain confident in ground game