Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues Steelers need to tackle in September
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster