Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Steelers defensive end Thomas is finding success on the field
- Steelers sign tackle Gilbert to $30 million deal
- Steelers believe Wheaton ready to step in as No. 2 receiver