Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack