Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Jaguars’ Bortles much like Roethlisberger, except for lack of wins
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often