Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions