Steelers get three extra draft picks
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Steelers have been awarded three compensatory picks in next month's NFL draft.
In addition to their regular picks in the draft, the Steelers will get a pair of extra picks in the fifth round (164th and 166th overall) and an extra selection (242nd) in the seventh round.
The Steelers earned three of the 19 compensatory picks announced at today's NFL owners meetings for losing wide receiver Nate Washington, cornerback Bryant McFadden and quarterback Byron Leftwich in free agency last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- Penn State football coach Franklin renews his plea for patience
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- 2nd command officer at Allegheny County Jail punished
- Stop by Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City for Thanksgiving dinner
- Pitt’s Dixon monitoring minutes early in season
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- North Shore parking garage plan moves forward in Pittsburgh
- Video of white Chicago patrolman fatally firing on fleeing black youth sparks demonstrations