Browns' Rogers to plead not guilty to charges
Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers apologized to his fans and his team Friday, saying he didn't intend to carry a loaded gun in his luggage as he tried to pass through airport security.
Rogers plans to plead not guilty to a concealed weapons charge, his lawyer said.
A prosecutor filed the fourth-degree felony charge, alleging Rogers carried a .45-caliber Kimber semiautomatic with eight rounds in his carry-on luggage at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
» The Philadelphia Eagles traded cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong to the Browns for linebacker Alex Hall and two draft picks. The Eagles will receive picks in the fourth (105th) and fifth (137th) rounds in the upcoming NFL Draft. Brown has been a longtime starter for the Eagles but was unhappy with his contract situation. Gocong had just signed a one-year deal. Hall played two seasons with the Browns, starting just two games.
» The Dallas Cowboys released five-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle Flozell Adams and safety Ken Hamlin two years after both signed long-term contracts. Adams was coming off his 12th season, having started 178 of his 182 games for Dallas. Hamlin was a Pro Bowl pick in 2007.
» The Arizona Cardinals agreed to a two-year deal with free agent kicker Jay Feely, who connected on 30 of 36 field-goal attempts last season for the New York Jets.
» The Oakland Raiders re-signed free agent offensive tackle Langston Walker.
» A federal judge says a lawsuit over a staph infection that benched former Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius can move forward in a state court against the team and the Cleveland Clinic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions