Roethlisberger investigation in hands of Georgia district attorney
The investigation into an alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old Georgia college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the hands of a district attorney.
Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright last night received a report, including all witness statements, compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, according to the two agencies.
"There will be no further statements until a decision has been made by the DA," a joint statement by GBI and Milledgeville authorities said.
The student at Milledgeville's Georgia College and State University accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a staff restroom of the popular Capital City nightclub early March 5, triggering a monthlong investigation by Milledgeville and GBI detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Steelers notebook: Gay endorses domestic violence app
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism
- Texans’ Watt to challenge Steelers’ offensive line