Roethlisberger investigation in hands of Georgia district attorney
The investigation into an alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old Georgia college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the hands of a district attorney.
Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright last night received a report, including all witness statements, compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, according to the two agencies.
"There will be no further statements until a decision has been made by the DA," a joint statement by GBI and Milledgeville authorities said.
The student at Milledgeville's Georgia College and State University accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a staff restroom of the popular Capital City nightclub early March 5, triggering a monthlong investigation by Milledgeville and GBI detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove