Roethlisberger investigation in hands of Georgia district attorney
The investigation into an alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old Georgia college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the hands of a district attorney.
Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright last night received a report, including all witness statements, compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, according to the two agencies.
"There will be no further statements until a decision has been made by the DA," a joint statement by GBI and Milledgeville authorities said.
The student at Milledgeville's Georgia College and State University accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a staff restroom of the popular Capital City nightclub early March 5, triggering a monthlong investigation by Milledgeville and GBI detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers’ Pouncey puts missteps behind him
- Steelers notebook: Finally, the bye week is on tap