Roethlisberger investigation in hands of Georgia district attorney
The investigation into an alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old Georgia college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the hands of a district attorney.
Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright last night received a report, including all witness statements, compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, according to the two agencies.
"There will be no further statements until a decision has been made by the DA," a joint statement by GBI and Milledgeville authorities said.
The student at Milledgeville's Georgia College and State University accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a staff restroom of the popular Capital City nightclub early March 5, triggering a monthlong investigation by Milledgeville and GBI detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers extend Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed