Roethlisberger investigation in hands of Georgia district attorney
The investigation into an alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old Georgia college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the hands of a district attorney.
Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright last night received a report, including all witness statements, compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, according to the two agencies.
"There will be no further statements until a decision has been made by the DA," a joint statement by GBI and Milledgeville authorities said.
The student at Milledgeville's Georgia College and State University accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a staff restroom of the popular Capital City nightclub early March 5, triggering a monthlong investigation by Milledgeville and GBI detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- Value of nickel rising in NFL
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger