Roethlisberger investigation in hands of Georgia district attorney
The investigation into an alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old Georgia college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the hands of a district attorney.
Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright last night received a report, including all witness statements, compiled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, according to the two agencies.
"There will be no further statements until a decision has been made by the DA," a joint statement by GBI and Milledgeville authorities said.
The student at Milledgeville's Georgia College and State University accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a staff restroom of the popular Capital City nightclub early March 5, triggering a monthlong investigation by Milledgeville and GBI detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers lookahead: Ravens QB Flacco rebounds from lousy 2013
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title