Defensive end Eason to re-sign with Steelers
Unrestricted free agent Nick Eason, who started five games in 2009, will re-sign Thursday with the Steelers.
"He wanted to stay in Pittsburgh because of his love of the city and the team," agent David Wyatt said Wednesday night.
Wyatt said Eason, a defensive end who also visited the Arizona Cardinals, agreed to terms and the Steelers sent a contract to Georgia for him to sign.
Eason, who turns 30 next month, has served in a backup capacity the past three seasons. With veteran Travis Kirschke expected to retire, Eason's role could expand, along with Ziggy Hood, last year's first-round draft pick, and second-year-player Sunny Harris.
Eason totaled 16 tackles in eight games last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame