Defensive end Eason to re-sign with Steelers
Unrestricted free agent Nick Eason, who started five games in 2009, will re-sign Thursday with the Steelers.
"He wanted to stay in Pittsburgh because of his love of the city and the team," agent David Wyatt said Wednesday night.
Wyatt said Eason, a defensive end who also visited the Arizona Cardinals, agreed to terms and the Steelers sent a contract to Georgia for him to sign.
Eason, who turns 30 next month, has served in a backup capacity the past three seasons. With veteran Travis Kirschke expected to retire, Eason's role could expand, along with Ziggy Hood, last year's first-round draft pick, and second-year-player Sunny Harris.
Eason totaled 16 tackles in eight games last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers rookie wideout Bryant eager to show off talent
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Bad Ben is big problem for Steelers
- Steelers’ Tomlin uses news conference to challenge his players