Defensive end Eason to re-sign with Steelers
Unrestricted free agent Nick Eason, who started five games in 2009, will re-sign Thursday with the Steelers.
"He wanted to stay in Pittsburgh because of his love of the city and the team," agent David Wyatt said Wednesday night.
Wyatt said Eason, a defensive end who also visited the Arizona Cardinals, agreed to terms and the Steelers sent a contract to Georgia for him to sign.
Eason, who turns 30 next month, has served in a backup capacity the past three seasons. With veteran Travis Kirschke expected to retire, Eason's role could expand, along with Ziggy Hood, last year's first-round draft pick, and second-year-player Sunny Harris.
Eason totaled 16 tackles in eight games last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns