Defensive end Eason to re-sign with Steelers
Unrestricted free agent Nick Eason, who started five games in 2009, will re-sign Thursday with the Steelers.
"He wanted to stay in Pittsburgh because of his love of the city and the team," agent David Wyatt said Wednesday night.
Wyatt said Eason, a defensive end who also visited the Arizona Cardinals, agreed to terms and the Steelers sent a contract to Georgia for him to sign.
Eason, who turns 30 next month, has served in a backup capacity the past three seasons. With veteran Travis Kirschke expected to retire, Eason's role could expand, along with Ziggy Hood, last year's first-round draft pick, and second-year-player Sunny Harris.
Eason totaled 16 tackles in eight games last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous