Defensive end Eason to re-sign with Steelers
Unrestricted free agent Nick Eason, who started five games in 2009, will re-sign Thursday with the Steelers.
"He wanted to stay in Pittsburgh because of his love of the city and the team," agent David Wyatt said Wednesday night.
Wyatt said Eason, a defensive end who also visited the Arizona Cardinals, agreed to terms and the Steelers sent a contract to Georgia for him to sign.
Eason, who turns 30 next month, has served in a backup capacity the past three seasons. With veteran Travis Kirschke expected to retire, Eason's role could expand, along with Ziggy Hood, last year's first-round draft pick, and second-year-player Sunny Harris.
Eason totaled 16 tackles in eight games last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers look ahead vs. Baltimore Ravens: All John Harbaugh does is win
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers notebook: No reminders needed that Ravens are next foe
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots