Defensive end Eason to re-sign with Steelers
Unrestricted free agent Nick Eason, who started five games in 2009, will re-sign Thursday with the Steelers.
"He wanted to stay in Pittsburgh because of his love of the city and the team," agent David Wyatt said Wednesday night.
Wyatt said Eason, a defensive end who also visited the Arizona Cardinals, agreed to terms and the Steelers sent a contract to Georgia for him to sign.
Eason, who turns 30 next month, has served in a backup capacity the past three seasons. With veteran Travis Kirschke expected to retire, Eason's role could expand, along with Ziggy Hood, last year's first-round draft pick, and second-year-player Sunny Harris.
Eason totaled 16 tackles in eight games last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Jaguars’ Bortles much like Roethlisberger, except for lack of wins
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers notebook: Win would bode well for playoff chances
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Steelers notebook: LB Worilds, RB Blount fined by NFL
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers