Steelers meeting with Iupati, Pouncey
The Steelers are meeting with six NFL draft prospects today, including two that have been linked to the team in various mock drafts.
Idaho guard Mike Iupati and Florida center/guard Maurkice Pouncey headline the group that is visiting the Steelers at their South Side practice facility.
Both have been projected as first-round picks.
The Steelers are also meeting with defensive linemen Linval Joseph of East Carolina and Clifton Geathers of South Carolina as well as Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski and South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell.
Gronkowski, one of the top tight ends in the draft, is a graduate of Woodland Hills High School. Geathers' brother, Robert Jr., starts at defensive end for the Bengals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Value of nickel rising in NFL
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline