Steelers meeting with Iupati, Pouncey
The Steelers are meeting with six NFL draft prospects today, including two that have been linked to the team in various mock drafts.
Idaho guard Mike Iupati and Florida center/guard Maurkice Pouncey headline the group that is visiting the Steelers at their South Side practice facility.
Both have been projected as first-round picks.
The Steelers are also meeting with defensive linemen Linval Joseph of East Carolina and Clifton Geathers of South Carolina as well as Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski and South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell.
Gronkowski, one of the top tight ends in the draft, is a graduate of Woodland Hills High School. Geathers' brother, Robert Jr., starts at defensive end for the Bengals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Jaguars’ Bortles much like Roethlisberger, except for lack of wins
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Steelers’ Wheaton proving to be reliable target