Steelers meeting with Iupati, Pouncey
The Steelers are meeting with six NFL draft prospects today, including two that have been linked to the team in various mock drafts.
Idaho guard Mike Iupati and Florida center/guard Maurkice Pouncey headline the group that is visiting the Steelers at their South Side practice facility.
Both have been projected as first-round picks.
The Steelers are also meeting with defensive linemen Linval Joseph of East Carolina and Clifton Geathers of South Carolina as well as Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski and South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell.
Gronkowski, one of the top tight ends in the draft, is a graduate of Woodland Hills High School. Geathers' brother, Robert Jr., starts at defensive end for the Bengals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers rally past Titans for key win
- Steelers notebook: Finally, the bye week is on tap
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open