Steelers meeting with Iupati, Pouncey
The Steelers are meeting with six NFL draft prospects today, including two that have been linked to the team in various mock drafts.
Idaho guard Mike Iupati and Florida center/guard Maurkice Pouncey headline the group that is visiting the Steelers at their South Side practice facility.
Both have been projected as first-round picks.
The Steelers are also meeting with defensive linemen Linval Joseph of East Carolina and Clifton Geathers of South Carolina as well as Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski and South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell.
Gronkowski, one of the top tight ends in the draft, is a graduate of Woodland Hills High School. Geathers' brother, Robert Jr., starts at defensive end for the Bengals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers notebook: ‘Killer B’s’ set team records in victory
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL