Steelers meeting with Iupati, Pouncey
The Steelers are meeting with six NFL draft prospects today, including two that have been linked to the team in various mock drafts.
Idaho guard Mike Iupati and Florida center/guard Maurkice Pouncey headline the group that is visiting the Steelers at their South Side practice facility.
Both have been projected as first-round picks.
The Steelers are also meeting with defensive linemen Linval Joseph of East Carolina and Clifton Geathers of South Carolina as well as Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski and South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell.
Gronkowski, one of the top tight ends in the draft, is a graduate of Woodland Hills High School. Geathers' brother, Robert Jr., starts at defensive end for the Bengals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- QB Roethlisberger, Steelers roll past Colts in record-setting game
- Steelers notebook: CB Allen sent to bench
- Steelers film session: Accuracy propels Roethlisberger vs. Colts
- Steelers look ahead vs. Baltimore Ravens: All John Harbaugh does is win