Dolphins acquire WR Marshall from Broncos
The Denver Broncos traded wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday for a second-round pick in next week's draft and a second-rounder in 2011.
Marshall will fly to Miami for a physical, after which he is expected to sign a long-term contract that he's been seeking.
Marshall has 327 career catches for 4,019 yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons.
» Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf yesterday was sentenced to 10 years of probation after pleading guilty to eight felony drug charges in Texas. State District Judge John B. Board also fined Leaf $20,000. Leaf pleaded guilty to seven counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance.
» If the Philadelphia Eagles want a veteran quarterback to mentor Kevin Kolb, Jeff Garcia is ready for the role. The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback said in an e-mail to The Associated Press yesterday that he's talked to the team about the possibility, but nothing is imminent.
» Billionaire Stan Kroenke isn't asking the NFL to waive its cross-ownership rules in his bid to purchase the remaining 60 percent of the St. Louis Rams. That means Kroenke will have to surrender his principal stake in the NBA's Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche to become majority owner of the Rams.
» Restricted free agents Stephon Heyer and Anthony Montgomery have re-signed with the Washington Redskins.
» Prosecutors in Las Vegas plan to call former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker to testify against a man accused of robbing and beating him almost two years ago.
» Backup cornerback Drew Coleman, a restricted free agent, has signed his sixth-round tender with the New York Jets.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out