Dolphins acquire WR Marshall from Broncos
The Denver Broncos traded wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday for a second-round pick in next week's draft and a second-rounder in 2011.
Marshall will fly to Miami for a physical, after which he is expected to sign a long-term contract that he's been seeking.
Marshall has 327 career catches for 4,019 yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons.
» Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf yesterday was sentenced to 10 years of probation after pleading guilty to eight felony drug charges in Texas. State District Judge John B. Board also fined Leaf $20,000. Leaf pleaded guilty to seven counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance.
» If the Philadelphia Eagles want a veteran quarterback to mentor Kevin Kolb, Jeff Garcia is ready for the role. The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback said in an e-mail to The Associated Press yesterday that he's talked to the team about the possibility, but nothing is imminent.
» Billionaire Stan Kroenke isn't asking the NFL to waive its cross-ownership rules in his bid to purchase the remaining 60 percent of the St. Louis Rams. That means Kroenke will have to surrender his principal stake in the NBA's Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche to become majority owner of the Rams.
» Restricted free agents Stephon Heyer and Anthony Montgomery have re-signed with the Washington Redskins.
» Prosecutors in Las Vegas plan to call former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker to testify against a man accused of robbing and beating him almost two years ago.
» Backup cornerback Drew Coleman, a restricted free agent, has signed his sixth-round tender with the New York Jets.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- This year’s NFL Draft does not appear to offer a Gronkowski type
- Minnesota tight end Williams hopes to join father as 1st-round pick
- NFL draft preview: Rich harvest of receivers
- Steelers host Auburn WR Coates, 2 others
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Steelers notebook: Nebraska LB scheduled to visit Steelers Thursday
- Ex-Alabama WR Cooper gains separation from other draft prospects at position
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Report: Steelers’ Bell suspended for 3 games, fined game check