Dolphins acquire WR Marshall from Broncos
The Denver Broncos traded wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday for a second-round pick in next week's draft and a second-rounder in 2011.
Marshall will fly to Miami for a physical, after which he is expected to sign a long-term contract that he's been seeking.
Marshall has 327 career catches for 4,019 yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons.
» Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf yesterday was sentenced to 10 years of probation after pleading guilty to eight felony drug charges in Texas. State District Judge John B. Board also fined Leaf $20,000. Leaf pleaded guilty to seven counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance.
» If the Philadelphia Eagles want a veteran quarterback to mentor Kevin Kolb, Jeff Garcia is ready for the role. The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback said in an e-mail to The Associated Press yesterday that he's talked to the team about the possibility, but nothing is imminent.
» Billionaire Stan Kroenke isn't asking the NFL to waive its cross-ownership rules in his bid to purchase the remaining 60 percent of the St. Louis Rams. That means Kroenke will have to surrender his principal stake in the NBA's Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche to become majority owner of the Rams.
» Restricted free agents Stephon Heyer and Anthony Montgomery have re-signed with the Washington Redskins.
» Prosecutors in Las Vegas plan to call former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker to testify against a man accused of robbing and beating him almost two years ago.
» Backup cornerback Drew Coleman, a restricted free agent, has signed his sixth-round tender with the New York Jets.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Rossi: Steelers defense nowhere near Super standard
- Starkey: Players will make or break Steelers’ new coordinator
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension