Dolphins acquire WR Marshall from Broncos
The Denver Broncos traded wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday for a second-round pick in next week's draft and a second-rounder in 2011.
Marshall will fly to Miami for a physical, after which he is expected to sign a long-term contract that he's been seeking.
Marshall has 327 career catches for 4,019 yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons.
» Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf yesterday was sentenced to 10 years of probation after pleading guilty to eight felony drug charges in Texas. State District Judge John B. Board also fined Leaf $20,000. Leaf pleaded guilty to seven counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance.
» If the Philadelphia Eagles want a veteran quarterback to mentor Kevin Kolb, Jeff Garcia is ready for the role. The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback said in an e-mail to The Associated Press yesterday that he's talked to the team about the possibility, but nothing is imminent.
» Billionaire Stan Kroenke isn't asking the NFL to waive its cross-ownership rules in his bid to purchase the remaining 60 percent of the St. Louis Rams. That means Kroenke will have to surrender his principal stake in the NBA's Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche to become majority owner of the Rams.
» Restricted free agents Stephon Heyer and Anthony Montgomery have re-signed with the Washington Redskins.
» Prosecutors in Las Vegas plan to call former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker to testify against a man accused of robbing and beating him almost two years ago.
» Backup cornerback Drew Coleman, a restricted free agent, has signed his sixth-round tender with the New York Jets.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense