Steelers sign three players to new contracts
The Steelers signed three players to one-year contracts Friday, including starting right tackle Willie Colon.
Colon, who has started 54 consecutive games, signed for $2,521,000.
Also signing yesterday were cornerback William Gay, who started 14 games in 2009, and tight end Matt Spaeth. Each signed for $1,176,000.
Colon, Gay and Spaeth were restricted free agents.
The Steelers start voluntary offseason practices Monday.
» The Dolphins traded receiver-returner Ted Ginn Jr. to the 49ers for a fifth-round pick in next week's NFL Draft. The extra room in the receiving unit was needed after the Dolphins acquired Brandon Marshall from Denver three days ago. Ginn, the No. 9 pick in the 2007 draft, had been on the trading block for more than a year, according to league sources. Ginn caught 38 passes for 454 yards and scored three touchdown last season.
» The Seahawks signed wide receivers Mike Williams and Reggie Williams, both former first-round draft picks by other teams who then flopped. Mike Williams is the former No. 10 overall draft choice of the Lions who ballooned to 270 pounds and has been out of the league for two years. Reggie Williams is the former ninth overall pick of the Jaguars who's serving two years of probation stemming from a cocaine possession charge. He's been out of the league for a year.
» Jerry Jones wants Cowboys fans to know he has "special" feelings toward Bill Parcells, despite a secretly recorded conversation in which he's heard saying otherwise. "If I say to somebody that 'You're not worth a flip,' then that means I think you're pretty good, certainly if I follow up with, 'I love you,' " Jones jokingly told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
» The Redskins announced that the locker used by the late Sean Taylor will be moved from the Redskins Park training facility to the team's stadium, where it will be displayed for public view.
» Former Cowboys and Colts offensive lineman Kurt Vollers pleaded guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to distribute marijuana.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben