Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens