Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium