Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills