Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick