Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions