Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers’ Bell gets bulk of team’s touches
- Steelers notebook: NFL fines Brown for kick to face
- Big Ben’s struggles emblematic of loss
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones