Report: Big Ben suspension could come today
The NFL could announce a suspension for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as early as today, according to an online report.
Yahoo! Sports reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger today or tomorrow for violating the league's personal conduct policy, based on a recent investigation of sexual assault allegations against the quarterback in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger was not charged in the investigation.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team has not been told of a suspension being announced today or tomorrow.
Team President Art Rooney II said last week that he didn't expect a decision on Roethlisberger's suspension until after this week's draft.
No player has ever been suspended under the league's personal conduct policy without being charged with a crime, the online report said
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role