Steelers receiver Sweed returns to practice
Steelers receiver Limas Sweed returned to practice today after missing the end of last season and going on the non-injured list for personal reasons.
"I am excited to be back on the field in the locker room with my teammates," Sweed said in a statement released by the team. "I appreciate all the support I received from the Steelers organization while I dealt with some personal issues at the end of the 2009 season.
I have been working diligently and I am focused on the remainder of the offseason in getting myself prepared to have a great 2010 season."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role