Steelers receiver Sweed returns to practice
Steelers receiver Limas Sweed returned to practice today after missing the end of last season and going on the non-injured list for personal reasons.
"I am excited to be back on the field in the locker room with my teammates," Sweed said in a statement released by the team. "I appreciate all the support I received from the Steelers organization while I dealt with some personal issues at the end of the 2009 season.
I have been working diligently and I am focused on the remainder of the offseason in getting myself prepared to have a great 2010 season."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control