Steelers receiver Sweed returns to practice
Steelers receiver Limas Sweed returned to practice today after missing the end of last season and going on the non-injured list for personal reasons.
"I am excited to be back on the field in the locker room with my teammates," Sweed said in a statement released by the team. "I appreciate all the support I received from the Steelers organization while I dealt with some personal issues at the end of the 2009 season.
I have been working diligently and I am focused on the remainder of the offseason in getting myself prepared to have a great 2010 season."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat