Steelers receiver Sweed returns to practice
Steelers receiver Limas Sweed returned to practice today after missing the end of last season and going on the non-injured list for personal reasons.
"I am excited to be back on the field in the locker room with my teammates," Sweed said in a statement released by the team. "I appreciate all the support I received from the Steelers organization while I dealt with some personal issues at the end of the 2009 season.
I have been working diligently and I am focused on the remainder of the offseason in getting myself prepared to have a great 2010 season."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Memories of Steelers fan from Beaver Falls go beyond simple recall
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga