Hood, Sepulveda host youth camp in Mexico
TribLIVE Sports Videos
• The Steelers' international appeal will result in Mexican children learning the finer points of the game next month from defensive end Ziggy Hood and punter Daniel Sepulveda. The two will take part in a youth football camp that the Steelers are hosting June 12 at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Santa Fe Campus, in Mexico City. The one-day camp is for kids ages 7-17. The Steelers have a strong fan base in Mexico, and Hood and Sepulveda have Mexican backgrounds. "I know our that our players who are attending are looking forward to the camp to help teach the kinds the game of football," Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a release.
• Members of the House Judiciary Committee criticized the NFL's methods of research into the safety measures taken with its equipment, particularly helmets. The committee held a forum Monday during which it also expressed dissatisfaction with how the league is handling traumatic head injuries to retired players.
• Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe told ESPN the Magazine about a 2007 road trip when teammates "imported" women they found on social networking sites to meet them at a hotel. The Chiefs were mum on the lurid story yesterday.
• The Seahawks are expecting top veteran wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to be back from hernia surgery for the start of training camp in July. They are hopeful Deion Branch can make it back from another knee surgery by then, as well.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu’s sideline tirade still making impression on teammates
- Tomlin: ‘Everything on table’ for Bell, Blount punishment
- Steelers’ Polamalu downplays emotional outburst
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns
- Steelers’ Mitchell enduring growing pains
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- Steelers notebook: WR Moore says teammates’ pot bust won’t change focus in locker room
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty