Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.
The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.
The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.
Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb