Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.
The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.
The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.
Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps