Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.
The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.
The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.
Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Tomlin: Steelers were prepared for Bryant suspension as far back as draft
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills