Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.
The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.
The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.
Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers guard DeCastro paving new roads
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons