Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.
The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.
The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.
Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- WPIAL AAAA boys basketball preview: Runners-up last season, North Allegheny hopes to take next step
- Explosion claims life of garage owner
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Warhol bridge closed as police investigate unattended bag
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Art review: ‘Therman Statom: Indagare’ at Pittsburgh Glass Center