Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.
The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.
The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.
Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas