Roethlisberger's foundation continues charity
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Embattled Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will continue helping police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and across the country.
Working in conjunction with The Giving Back Fund, the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will distribute grants in Pittsburgh as well as the eight cities where the Steelers play road games in 2010. It is the fourth grant "cycle" in which Roethlisberger's foundation will participate.
Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first six games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation receives proposals detailing the needs of police and fire departments here and in the cities the Steelers will visit during the regular season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach