Roethlisberger's foundation continues charity
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Embattled Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will continue helping police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and across the country.
Working in conjunction with The Giving Back Fund, the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will distribute grants in Pittsburgh as well as the eight cities where the Steelers play road games in 2010. It is the fourth grant "cycle" in which Roethlisberger's foundation will participate.
Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first six games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation receives proposals detailing the needs of police and fire departments here and in the cities the Steelers will visit during the regular season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- NFL notebook: Broncos left tackle Clady tears ACL, likely out for season
- Steelers safety Holliman is real enigma
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role