Roethlisberger's foundation continues charity
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Embattled Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will continue helping police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and across the country.
Working in conjunction with The Giving Back Fund, the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will distribute grants in Pittsburgh as well as the eight cities where the Steelers play road games in 2010. It is the fourth grant "cycle" in which Roethlisberger's foundation will participate.
Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first six games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation receives proposals detailing the needs of police and fire departments here and in the cities the Steelers will visit during the regular season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks