Roethlisberger's foundation continues charity
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Embattled Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will continue helping police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and across the country.
Working in conjunction with The Giving Back Fund, the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will distribute grants in Pittsburgh as well as the eight cities where the Steelers play road games in 2010. It is the fourth grant "cycle" in which Roethlisberger's foundation will participate.
Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first six games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation receives proposals detailing the needs of police and fire departments here and in the cities the Steelers will visit during the regular season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense