Roethlisberger's foundation continues charity
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Embattled Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will continue helping police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and across the country.
Working in conjunction with The Giving Back Fund, the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will distribute grants in Pittsburgh as well as the eight cities where the Steelers play road games in 2010. It is the fourth grant "cycle" in which Roethlisberger's foundation will participate.
Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first six games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation receives proposals detailing the needs of police and fire departments here and in the cities the Steelers will visit during the regular season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Value of nickel rising in NFL
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression