Punches fly during practice
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tempers flared between rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown and second-year cornerback Keenan Lewis on Tuesday at Steelers practice.
The two exchanged punches yesterday after Lewis apparently took offense at a block that Brown threw during a running play. Coaches and teammates quickly pried the two apart, and there didn't appear to be any lingering animosity between Brown and Lewis.
Both were seen smiling later as Brown tried to explain his block to Lewis.
"He was mad because I had good position," Brown said. "At the end of the day, we're teammates. It's just the competitive nature, and when we go into the locker room we're buddies."
Brown said he has played with an edge since falling to the sixth round of the NFL Draft in April.
"The draft is over, so I can't worry about it anymore," the Central Michigan product said, "but I want to show people what I can do."
His feistiness showed something to veteran wide receiver Antwaan Randle El.
"Yeah, (but) you've go to know where to punch," Randle El said in reference to the blows Brown threw to Lewis' helmet.
• Wide receiver Hines Ward watched practice yesterday but didn't participate in it because of a strained left hamstring.
The 13-year veteran has been working with the younger wide receivers and said he will get some practice time in before the voluntary drills end on June 10.
• Fans will be able to buy tickets to individual home games for the 2010 season through Ticketmaster starting at 10 a.m. June 19.
There are a limited number of tickets available and a maximum of four per household can be purchased for regular-season games at Heinz Field. Fans can buy an unlimited number of tickets for the Steelers' two preseason games at home.
Tickets can only be purchased at Ticketmaster or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Police investigating after cab driver shot in Hazelwood
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze
- Turkey releases recording of warnings to Russian plane
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster