Free agent tackle Adams visits Steelers
By MARK KABOLY
The Steelers may go outside the organization to find a replacement for injured right tackle Willie Colon.
Mammoth free agent tackle Flozell Adams (6-7, 338) was at the Steelers' practice facility today visiting with the organization. Adams went through a workout and physical with the team.
Jordan Woy, Adams' agent, said that his client has drawn interest from a handful of other teams and has yet to make a decision of where to sign.
"We are still talking with several teams to determine the best fit," Woy said.
Adams, 35, was a five-time Pro Bowl selection with the Dallas Cowboys after being drafted in the second round in 1998 out of Michigan State.
Adams started 173 of his career 177 games with the Cowboys, most of which came at left tackle. Adams played his first season in the league at right guard.
Adams asked for his release earlier this year when it became apparent that the Cowboys were going to release him. He was due a $2.5 million roster bonus in April to go along with a base salary of more than $5 million.
Adams had the longest tenure of any Dallas player at the time of his release.
The Steelers are looking for a replacement for Colon at right tackle. If signed, Adams could be put at left tackle with Max Starks moving to right tackle. Starks played right tackle his first four years in the league before getting shifted to left tackle. Adams could also play right tackle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line
- Inside the Steelers: Ventrone suffers right ankle injury
- Starkey: Tomlin’s the right coach, obviously
- Steelers RB Bell ready despite being in limbo