Hampton in no hurry to practice
» Nose tackle Casey Hampton, who is recovering from a hamstring injury, hasn't participated fully in a practice since Saturday morning's first session. And Hampton isn't in any hurry to return, either. It's well-documented I really don't enjoy training camp," Hampton said. "I'm in good shape. I'm going to be ready to go when it's time to go. I'm not trying to make the team right now. It's all about getting healthy and trying to stay healthy."
» Hampton, running back Rashard Mendenhall (toe), offensive lineman Ramon Foster (concussion) and rookie center Maurkice Pouncey (hamstring) returned to practice in a limited capacity. Rookie linebacker Jason Worilds (hamstring), rookie running back Jonathan Dwyer (hamstring) and linebacker Andre Frazier (knee) continued to sit out. Defensive end Nick Eason (dehydration) was added to the injury list.
» The Steelers conducted their first practice devoted solely to special teams during the morning session.
» Second-year fullback Dwayne Wright, who was claimed off waivers from Philadelphia, is wearing No. 38 -- the same number worn by fullback Demetrius Taylor, the player he replaced on the roster. Wright was on the Steelers' radar in the 2007 draft, and offensive line coach Sean Kugler coached Wright in Buffalo. "He's very familiar with my running style, I'm very familiar with his offensive scheme," Wright said of Kugler. "I'm more of a running back, but when my time is called to block, I'll block. I'll take you out if I'm running the ball."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives