Hampton in no hurry to practice
» Nose tackle Casey Hampton, who is recovering from a hamstring injury, hasn't participated fully in a practice since Saturday morning's first session. And Hampton isn't in any hurry to return, either. It's well-documented I really don't enjoy training camp," Hampton said. "I'm in good shape. I'm going to be ready to go when it's time to go. I'm not trying to make the team right now. It's all about getting healthy and trying to stay healthy."
» Hampton, running back Rashard Mendenhall (toe), offensive lineman Ramon Foster (concussion) and rookie center Maurkice Pouncey (hamstring) returned to practice in a limited capacity. Rookie linebacker Jason Worilds (hamstring), rookie running back Jonathan Dwyer (hamstring) and linebacker Andre Frazier (knee) continued to sit out. Defensive end Nick Eason (dehydration) was added to the injury list.
» The Steelers conducted their first practice devoted solely to special teams during the morning session.
» Second-year fullback Dwayne Wright, who was claimed off waivers from Philadelphia, is wearing No. 38 -- the same number worn by fullback Demetrius Taylor, the player he replaced on the roster. Wright was on the Steelers' radar in the 2007 draft, and offensive line coach Sean Kugler coached Wright in Buffalo. "He's very familiar with my running style, I'm very familiar with his offensive scheme," Wright said of Kugler. "I'm more of a running back, but when my time is called to block, I'll block. I'll take you out if I'm running the ball."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism