Hampton in no hurry to practice
» Nose tackle Casey Hampton, who is recovering from a hamstring injury, hasn't participated fully in a practice since Saturday morning's first session. And Hampton isn't in any hurry to return, either. It's well-documented I really don't enjoy training camp," Hampton said. "I'm in good shape. I'm going to be ready to go when it's time to go. I'm not trying to make the team right now. It's all about getting healthy and trying to stay healthy."
» Hampton, running back Rashard Mendenhall (toe), offensive lineman Ramon Foster (concussion) and rookie center Maurkice Pouncey (hamstring) returned to practice in a limited capacity. Rookie linebacker Jason Worilds (hamstring), rookie running back Jonathan Dwyer (hamstring) and linebacker Andre Frazier (knee) continued to sit out. Defensive end Nick Eason (dehydration) was added to the injury list.
» The Steelers conducted their first practice devoted solely to special teams during the morning session.
» Second-year fullback Dwayne Wright, who was claimed off waivers from Philadelphia, is wearing No. 38 -- the same number worn by fullback Demetrius Taylor, the player he replaced on the roster. Wright was on the Steelers' radar in the 2007 draft, and offensive line coach Sean Kugler coached Wright in Buffalo. "He's very familiar with my running style, I'm very familiar with his offensive scheme," Wright said of Kugler. "I'm more of a running back, but when my time is called to block, I'll block. I'll take you out if I'm running the ball."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice