Steelers trounce Pitt in TV ratings
Nationally ranked Pitt not only lost its season opener at Utah on Thursday night. The Panthers also were crushed by the Steelers on the local airwaves.
The national telecast of the Pitt game on Versus drew an overnight rating of 8.6 in the Pittsburgh market. According to a network spokesperson, it was the highest cable rating of the evening and second overall in the market.
The top rating belonged to the Steelers, who played their final preseason game against Carolina at Heinz Field. The game drew a 30.0 rating on KDKA-2, the local CBS affiliate.
An average of more than 99,000 households tuned into the Pitt game. More than 346,000 viewed the Steelers game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Steelers lookahead: Colts QB Luck becoming one of NFL’s elite
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts