Steelers trounce Pitt in TV ratings
Nationally ranked Pitt not only lost its season opener at Utah on Thursday night. The Panthers also were crushed by the Steelers on the local airwaves.
The national telecast of the Pitt game on Versus drew an overnight rating of 8.6 in the Pittsburgh market. According to a network spokesperson, it was the highest cable rating of the evening and second overall in the market.
The top rating belonged to the Steelers, who played their final preseason game against Carolina at Heinz Field. The game drew a 30.0 rating on KDKA-2, the local CBS affiliate.
An average of more than 99,000 households tuned into the Pitt game. More than 346,000 viewed the Steelers game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory