Steelers trounce Pitt in TV ratings
Nationally ranked Pitt not only lost its season opener at Utah on Thursday night. The Panthers also were crushed by the Steelers on the local airwaves.
The national telecast of the Pitt game on Versus drew an overnight rating of 8.6 in the Pittsburgh market. According to a network spokesperson, it was the highest cable rating of the evening and second overall in the market.
The top rating belonged to the Steelers, who played their final preseason game against Carolina at Heinz Field. The game drew a 30.0 rating on KDKA-2, the local CBS affiliate.
An average of more than 99,000 households tuned into the Pitt game. More than 346,000 viewed the Steelers game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest