Steelers trounce Pitt in TV ratings
Nationally ranked Pitt not only lost its season opener at Utah on Thursday night. The Panthers also were crushed by the Steelers on the local airwaves.
The national telecast of the Pitt game on Versus drew an overnight rating of 8.6 in the Pittsburgh market. According to a network spokesperson, it was the highest cable rating of the evening and second overall in the market.
The top rating belonged to the Steelers, who played their final preseason game against Carolina at Heinz Field. The game drew a 30.0 rating on KDKA-2, the local CBS affiliate.
An average of more than 99,000 households tuned into the Pitt game. More than 346,000 viewed the Steelers game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension