Steelers trounce Pitt in TV ratings
Nationally ranked Pitt not only lost its season opener at Utah on Thursday night. The Panthers also were crushed by the Steelers on the local airwaves.
The national telecast of the Pitt game on Versus drew an overnight rating of 8.6 in the Pittsburgh market. According to a network spokesperson, it was the highest cable rating of the evening and second overall in the market.
The top rating belonged to the Steelers, who played their final preseason game against Carolina at Heinz Field. The game drew a 30.0 rating on KDKA-2, the local CBS affiliate.
An average of more than 99,000 households tuned into the Pitt game. More than 346,000 viewed the Steelers game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Nimble Regal ready for winter with all-wheel drive
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Colorado Planned Parenthood
- Town Talk: South Fayette couple welcomes a boy to the family
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- $170.4M AmEx charge yields whopping perk for Chinese billionaire
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Robert Morris falls to Tennessee Tech, drops to 0-6