Steelers' Hampton questionable for Sunday's game at Tennessee
» Nose tackle Casey Hampton is questionable for Sunday's game against the Titans, and the five-time Pro Bowler may be limited in the number of snaps he can play if he does suit up in Nashville. Hampton pulled his hamstring in the second quarter of the Steelers' season opener last Sunday and did not return to the game. "We're hopeful that he'll be able to do something," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said in regard to practice, "but it's up in the air at this juncture." Chris Hoke will start at nose tackle if Hampton is not well enough to play. Defensive ends Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason can also play inside if needed, Tomlin said. Hampton's injury could compromise Tomlin's preference of playing six defensive linemen early in the season because of the warmer weather. "It makes (the situation) a hairy one," Tomlin said. "Fatigue could become a factor. Attrition could be a part of this game."
» Rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown is a candidate to return kickoffs and punts against the Titans. Brown did not dress last Sunday; he was the odd man out at wide receiver. Emmanuel Sanders returned kickoffs and Antwaan Randle El returned punts against the Falcons. "No question Antonio Brown is an attractive option," Tomlin said. "It's good to have options."
» Running back Rashard Mendenhall is one of three candidates for the FedEX Ground Player of the Week. Mendenhall rushed for 120 yards on 22 carries against the Falcons, and his 50-yard touchdown run in overtime gave the Steelers a 15-9 win. The Steelers are among three candidates for the GMC "Never Say Never Moment of the Week." To vote go to NFL.com .
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- NFL notebook: Report: No tears in Gronkowski’s knee
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play
- West Virginia notebook: Mountaineers could factor into Kansas State bowl situation
- Opening day of deer season draws better crowds than a year ago
- School bus heavily damaged in Homewood fire