Steelers' Brett Keisel out for Sunday's game against Dolphins
Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel will not play Sunday in Miami because of a hamstring injury, coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.
Nick Eason or Ziggy Hood will replace Keisel in the starting lineup, Tomlin said.
The Steelers may also be a little shorthanded at right guard against the Dolphins.
Trai Essex is still recovering from a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday.
Doug Legursky, who has started the last three games at right guard, sustained a sprained knee last Sunday though he returned to the game against the Browns.
Tomlin said he doesn't expect Legursky to be limited by the injury this week in practice.
Tomlin said today that he supports the NFL's stricter enforcement of the helmet-to-helmet contact rule, including the suspension of players who are disciplined by the NFL for violating the rule.
"I'm a proponent of players safety," Tomlin said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers believe Wheaton ready to step in as No. 2 receiver
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles