Steelers' Brett Keisel out for Sunday's game against Dolphins
Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel will not play Sunday in Miami because of a hamstring injury, coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.
Nick Eason or Ziggy Hood will replace Keisel in the starting lineup, Tomlin said.
The Steelers may also be a little shorthanded at right guard against the Dolphins.
Trai Essex is still recovering from a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday.
Doug Legursky, who has started the last three games at right guard, sustained a sprained knee last Sunday though he returned to the game against the Browns.
Tomlin said he doesn't expect Legursky to be limited by the injury this week in practice.
Tomlin said today that he supports the NFL's stricter enforcement of the helmet-to-helmet contact rule, including the suspension of players who are disciplined by the NFL for violating the rule.
"I'm a proponent of players safety," Tomlin said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver