Steelers' Sanders named special teamer of the week
Steelers rookie Emmanuel Sanders, whose 48-yard kickoff return set up Jeff Reed's game-winning field goal in Miami, has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
Sanders' average of 28.8 yards on five kickoff returns led the AFC last week.
He is the first Steelers kickoff returner to win Player of the Week honors since Antwaan Randle El.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- NFL record little solace for Steelers WR Brown
- Steelers secondary aims to improve execution in order to prevent future mistakes
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Steelers game changers: Early sack, strip of Roethlisberger set tone
- Pouncey’s return solidifies offensive line, run game for Steelers