Steelers' Sanders named special teamer of the week
Steelers rookie Emmanuel Sanders, whose 48-yard kickoff return set up Jeff Reed's game-winning field goal in Miami, has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
Sanders' average of 28.8 yards on five kickoff returns led the AFC last week.
He is the first Steelers kickoff returner to win Player of the Week honors since Antwaan Randle El.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Steelers notebook: ‘Killer B’s’ set team records in victory
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons