Breaking down Steelers vs. Bills
3 REASON WHY THE STEELERS WILL WIN
1) Rashard Mendenhall — Mendenhall should dominate the NFL's worst rush defense. Buffalo is allowing 163.5 yards rushing per game and has allowed a 100-yard rusher in three of the past four games.
2) Ike Taylor — Taylor is having a Pro Bowl season and has forced the opposition to look toward the opposite direction that he's lined up. He hasn't had more than one pass breakup in any single game this year, which means teams are looking elsewhere.
3) Mike Wallace — Wallace has been unstoppable of late, going over 100 yards in each of the past three games and catching four touchdowns over that span. He is averaging 23 yards per catch and has a career high eight touchdowns.
3 REASONS WHY THE STEELERS WILL LOSE
1) Offensive line —The Steelers offensive line is at their breaking point due to injuries and could disintegrate at any time. At one point against the Raiders, they had four backups on the field with two of them being undrafted guys.
2) Fitzpatrick/Johnson connection — Ryan Fitzpatrick has found a favorite target in receiver Steve Johnson. The two hooked up for three touchdowns against the Bengals last week and could provide matchup problems for the Steelers.
3) Penalties —The Steelers got away with an inordinate amount of penalties a week ago. They set a team record getting called for 14 penalties for 163 yards. Before last week, they were averaging 5.3 penalties per game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- In last preseason game, a final audition for some Steelers
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb