Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Depth a concern for Steelers’ Colbert
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Time running out for Steelers’ third-string quarterback Jones?