Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steelers’ Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice