Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Steelers Lookahead: Struggling 0-3 Bucs come to town
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Value of nickel rising in NFL