Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires