Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers unfazed by Brady suspension saga
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Inside the Steelers: Ventrone suffers right ankle injury
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers ‘confident’ bid for 2023 Super Bowl in offing
- Steelers notebook: Rookie CB Golson still dealing with left shoulder pain
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Steelers’ Brown arrives in style, vows to be ‘the best in the world’