Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory