Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Century Inn owner hopes to reopen Washington County landmark, gutted by fire, by end of next year
- France honors attack victims in city subdued by mourning
- Pittsburgh nonprofit 412 Food Rescue takes surplus food to needy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success