Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players