Reed signs with San Francisco
Former Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Donal Henderson, Reed's agent, confirmed the news tonight but didn't give any details.
"We're going to kick for San Francisco," he said.
The Steelers released Reed on Nov. 16, two days after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots and took exception to the fan criticism he had endured since the start of training camp.
Reed, who entered the season as the most accurate kicker in Steelers' history, connected on just 15 of 22 field goal attempt before the Steelers released him.
They signed Shaun Suisham, and last Sunday he made all four of his field goal attempts in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win against the Bills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers