Heath Miller out with concussion
Steelers tight end Heath Miller has sustained a concussion and is out for the rest of tonight's game against the Ravens.
Miller's head snapped back on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain while trying to catch a Ben Roethlisberger pass late in the third quarter. No penalty was called on the play even though Miller looked like he might be in a defenseless position.
Carl Johnson, the head of NFL officials, said on NBC's broadcast of the game that McClain should have been penalized.
Miller stayed down for several minutes as a hush fell over the crowd at M&T Bank Stadium but he walked off the field under his own power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Rookie CB Golson still dealing with left shoulder pain
- Steelers ‘confident’ bid for 2023 Super Bowl in offing
- Rossi: St. Vincent a football sanctuary during Steelers training camp
- Steelers’ Brown arrives in style, vows to be ‘the best in the world’
- Butler, Steelers defense take on new challenges
- Steelers notebook: 5 players start training camp on injured list
- Steelers RB Bell ready despite being in limbo
- Steelers extend GM Colbert’s contract through 2018 draft
- Steelers sign Palmer, release Dangerfield
- Report: Ex-Steelers RB Bettis says he sold crack, shot at people while growing up in Detroit