Heath Miller out with concussion
Steelers tight end Heath Miller has sustained a concussion and is out for the rest of tonight's game against the Ravens.
Miller's head snapped back on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain while trying to catch a Ben Roethlisberger pass late in the third quarter. No penalty was called on the play even though Miller looked like he might be in a defenseless position.
Carl Johnson, the head of NFL officials, said on NBC's broadcast of the game that McClain should have been penalized.
Miller stayed down for several minutes as a hush fell over the crowd at M&T Bank Stadium but he walked off the field under his own power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Steelers notebook: Gay endorses domestic violence app
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory