Heath Miller out with concussion
Steelers tight end Heath Miller has sustained a concussion and is out for the rest of tonight's game against the Ravens.
Miller's head snapped back on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain while trying to catch a Ben Roethlisberger pass late in the third quarter. No penalty was called on the play even though Miller looked like he might be in a defenseless position.
Carl Johnson, the head of NFL officials, said on NBC's broadcast of the game that McClain should have been penalized.
Miller stayed down for several minutes as a hush fell over the crowd at M&T Bank Stadium but he walked off the field under his own power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell