Heath Miller out with concussion
Steelers tight end Heath Miller has sustained a concussion and is out for the rest of tonight's game against the Ravens.
Miller's head snapped back on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain while trying to catch a Ben Roethlisberger pass late in the third quarter. No penalty was called on the play even though Miller looked like he might be in a defenseless position.
Carl Johnson, the head of NFL officials, said on NBC's broadcast of the game that McClain should have been penalized.
Miller stayed down for several minutes as a hush fell over the crowd at M&T Bank Stadium but he walked off the field under his own power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise