Heath Miller out with concussion
Steelers tight end Heath Miller has sustained a concussion and is out for the rest of tonight's game against the Ravens.
Miller's head snapped back on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain while trying to catch a Ben Roethlisberger pass late in the third quarter. No penalty was called on the play even though Miller looked like he might be in a defenseless position.
Carl Johnson, the head of NFL officials, said on NBC's broadcast of the game that McClain should have been penalized.
Miller stayed down for several minutes as a hush fell over the crowd at M&T Bank Stadium but he walked off the field under his own power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- A host of top NFL Draft picks figure to be versatile defensive linemen
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games