Heath Miller out with concussion
Steelers tight end Heath Miller has sustained a concussion and is out for the rest of tonight's game against the Ravens.
Miller's head snapped back on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain while trying to catch a Ben Roethlisberger pass late in the third quarter. No penalty was called on the play even though Miller looked like he might be in a defenseless position.
Carl Johnson, the head of NFL officials, said on NBC's broadcast of the game that McClain should have been penalized.
Miller stayed down for several minutes as a hush fell over the crowd at M&T Bank Stadium but he walked off the field under his own power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not rushing back Polamalu, Taylor
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers notebook: Intense dislike fuels rivalry
- Steelers’ Mitchell says he’s not making ‘story’ about groin injury
- Steelers’ Allen looks to rebuild confidence after disappointing season
- Steelers rookie WR Bryant accelerates learning curve in NFL