Steelers looking for punter in wake of Sepulveda injury
The Steelers will sign a punter this week after Daniel Sepulveda was lost for the season while trying to make a tackle in a 13-10 win against the Ravens.
Sepulveda tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee when his cleat got caught in the turf at M&T Bank Stadium. It happened during Lardarius Webb's 35-yard punt return early in the second quarter. Sepulveda stayed in the game to hold for field goal and extra point attempts by Shaun Suisham, but Suisham punted the rest of the way.
The injury to his plant leg is the same one that Sepulveda sustained during training camp in 2008.
Injuries continue to mount for the Steelers.
In addition to Sepulveda, tight end Heath Miller got knocked out of thegame with a concussion, and right tackle Flozell Adams sustained a high ankle sprain.
“We'll put the healthy men on the field next week and move forward,” Coach Mike Tomlin said after the Steelers improved to 9-3.
Steelers vs. Ravens 12⁄5/10
Steelers defeat the Ravens, 13-10, Sunday December 5, 2010 at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role