Polamalu won't play tomorrow against Carolina
Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu did not participate in today's walk through and has been ruled out for tomorrow night's game against the visiting Carolina Panthers.
Tight end Heath Miller, who has missed the last two games because of post-concussion symptoms, is expected to play in the 8:20 p.m. game after practicing yesterday and taking part in the walk through at Steelers' headquarters.
Millier, who sustained a concussion in a 13-10 win against the Ravens on Dec. 5, is not listed on the Steelers' injury report.
Polamalu, who is tied for second in the NFL with six interceptions, will miss his second consecutive game after aggravating a lower leg injury. The Steelers would like to rest Polamalu until the playoffs, and they have a chance to clinch the AFC North prior to their Jan. 2 regular-season finale in Cleveland.
If the Steelers, who have already qualified for the playoffs, beat the Panthers and the Ravens lose to the Browns on Sunday the Steelers win their third division title in four years under coach Mike Tomlin.
If that scenario plays out, they would also secure the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs and a first-round bye.
In addition to Polamalu, wide receiver Arnaz Battle (chest) has been ruled out for tomorrow night's game. Defensive tackle Steve McLendon (stinger) is listed as probably for it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason