Polamalu won't play tomorrow against Carolina
Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu did not participate in today's walk through and has been ruled out for tomorrow night's game against the visiting Carolina Panthers.
Tight end Heath Miller, who has missed the last two games because of post-concussion symptoms, is expected to play in the 8:20 p.m. game after practicing yesterday and taking part in the walk through at Steelers' headquarters.
Millier, who sustained a concussion in a 13-10 win against the Ravens on Dec. 5, is not listed on the Steelers' injury report.
Polamalu, who is tied for second in the NFL with six interceptions, will miss his second consecutive game after aggravating a lower leg injury. The Steelers would like to rest Polamalu until the playoffs, and they have a chance to clinch the AFC North prior to their Jan. 2 regular-season finale in Cleveland.
If the Steelers, who have already qualified for the playoffs, beat the Panthers and the Ravens lose to the Browns on Sunday the Steelers win their third division title in four years under coach Mike Tomlin.
If that scenario plays out, they would also secure the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs and a first-round bye.
In addition to Polamalu, wide receiver Arnaz Battle (chest) has been ruled out for tomorrow night's game. Defensive tackle Steve McLendon (stinger) is listed as probably for it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin sees ‘good communication’ with WRs on 1st day
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp