Running back Moore returns to practice for Steelers
• Running back Mewelde Moore returned to practice Thursday, as the Steelers concluded their work week. Still not practicing were right tackle Flozell Adams, receiver Hines Ward, safety Troy Polamalu, linebackers James Harrison and James Farrior, cornerback Bryant McFadden and defensive end Aaron Smith. All except Smith, who dressed for practice but didn't participate, are scheduled to practice when players return Sunday. Smith's status for the Jan. 15 playoff game at Heinz Field remains uncertain.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and left guard Chris Kemoeatu switched jerseys at practice. Roethlisberger wore No. 68 and Kemoeatu wore No. 7.
• Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is happy with the direction the running game is headed. "We like the things that we're doing,'' Pouncey said. Told that the majority of running back Rashard Mendenhall's big runs have come on the right side this season, Pouncey said, "We like to keep it balanced. But if it's working, we're going to keep doing it until somebody stops us.''
• Ward said he'll watch the playoff games on TV this weekend but not as a fan. "We can't watch it as entertainment. I've been around so long, I can't watch it without critiquing it.'' said Ward, 34, who will be appearing in his 15th playoff game. Ward said the Steelers didn't prepare for any potential playoff opponent this week — with good reason. "Preparing for a team we're not playing is a waste of time,'' Ward said. "It's Steelers vs. Steelers (in practice). It's not about the other teams.''
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel