Recyclers plan to work Steelers game
A Pittsburgh group that collected 13,000 pounds of recyclable materials from the parking lots around Heinz Field at Steelers games and the Winter Classic will continue the effort Jan. 15, when the Steelers host an NFL divisional playoff game.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council, or PRC, and its partners will collect aluminum cans, glass containers, plastic bottles and cups from tailgate parties. The project is funded by the Alcoa Foundation.
The group collected 9,000 pounds of material at Steelers games Dec. 12, 19 and 23, said PRC Director Dave Mazza. About 4,000 pounds of materials were collected Jan. 1 at the Winter Classic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Rossi: Roethlisberger’s 100th was legendary, maybe more
- Steelers film session: Accuracy propels Roethlisberger vs. Colts
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers notebook: CB Allen sent to bench
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half