Recyclers plan to work Steelers game
A Pittsburgh group that collected 13,000 pounds of recyclable materials from the parking lots around Heinz Field at Steelers games and the Winter Classic will continue the effort Jan. 15, when the Steelers host an NFL divisional playoff game.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council, or PRC, and its partners will collect aluminum cans, glass containers, plastic bottles and cups from tailgate parties. The project is funded by the Alcoa Foundation.
The group collected 9,000 pounds of material at Steelers games Dec. 12, 19 and 23, said PRC Director Dave Mazza. About 4,000 pounds of materials were collected Jan. 1 at the Winter Classic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark