Recyclers plan to work Steelers game
A Pittsburgh group that collected 13,000 pounds of recyclable materials from the parking lots around Heinz Field at Steelers games and the Winter Classic will continue the effort Jan. 15, when the Steelers host an NFL divisional playoff game.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council, or PRC, and its partners will collect aluminum cans, glass containers, plastic bottles and cups from tailgate parties. The project is funded by the Alcoa Foundation.
The group collected 9,000 pounds of material at Steelers games Dec. 12, 19 and 23, said PRC Director Dave Mazza. About 4,000 pounds of materials were collected Jan. 1 at the Winter Classic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud