Recyclers plan to work Steelers game
A Pittsburgh group that collected 13,000 pounds of recyclable materials from the parking lots around Heinz Field at Steelers games and the Winter Classic will continue the effort Jan. 15, when the Steelers host an NFL divisional playoff game.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council, or PRC, and its partners will collect aluminum cans, glass containers, plastic bottles and cups from tailgate parties. The project is funded by the Alcoa Foundation.
The group collected 9,000 pounds of material at Steelers games Dec. 12, 19 and 23, said PRC Director Dave Mazza. About 4,000 pounds of materials were collected Jan. 1 at the Winter Classic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Penguins notebook: Blues defenseman Bortuzzo sticks to brutish ways
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Nothing like the real ring: WWE returns to Pittsburgh for more success
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Year’s worth of rain floods Qatar
- Hot Ticket: Juried exhibition at Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley