Recyclers plan to work Steelers game
A Pittsburgh group that collected 13,000 pounds of recyclable materials from the parking lots around Heinz Field at Steelers games and the Winter Classic will continue the effort Jan. 15, when the Steelers host an NFL divisional playoff game.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council, or PRC, and its partners will collect aluminum cans, glass containers, plastic bottles and cups from tailgate parties. The project is funded by the Alcoa Foundation.
The group collected 9,000 pounds of material at Steelers games Dec. 12, 19 and 23, said PRC Director Dave Mazza. About 4,000 pounds of materials were collected Jan. 1 at the Winter Classic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers