Polamalu held out of practice until later in week
» Strong safety Troy Polamalu will not practice until later in the week, but the six-time Pro Bowler is expected to play Saturday in the Steelers' AFC Divisional playoff game at Heinz Field. Polamalu missed games against the Jets and Panthers in late December because of an Achilles injury, but he returned for the regular-season finale in Cleveland. A 41-9 win over the Browns gave the Steelers the AFC North title and a first-round bye in the playoffs. Polamalu, who tied for second in the NFL with seven interceptions, was among the players that most benefited from the extra time off. "Troy Polamalu appears to be in pretty good shape," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Monday at his weekly news conference. The Steelers have been holding Polamalu out of practice until the final one of the week, and Tomlin said that will continue with a hard-hitting game against the Ravens looming.
» Cornerback Bryant McFadden (abdomen), running back Mewelde Moore (knee) and outside linebacker Jason Worilds (knee) are expected to play in Saturday's 4:30 p.m. game. McFadden, Tomlin said, "appears to be progressing nicely. He may be limited (in practice) at the early portion of the week, but that will not limit him in terms of play."
» Hines Ward offered an interesting take on Polamalu, the Steelers' MVP this season. "He's Superman, and we like to keep him as Clark Kent and on Sundays he goes into his phone booth and comes out and he's just Superman," Ward said. "So we expect him to be out there, continuing being Superman for us."
» The Steelers issued a warning to fans yesterday, telling them to be wary of bogus tickets if they buy from a scalper prior to Saturday's game at Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans