Steelers' Harrison not looking for payback against Chester
• After accusing guard Chris Chester of dirty tactics the last time the Ravens and Steelers played, outside linebacker James Harrison said he won't be looking for any payback in Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game at Heinz Field.
"I don't go out there with any personal vendettas or anything to try and get even," Harrison said Tuesday. "That's not going to help us win games." Harrison has said Chester took a cheap shot at him during an extra-point attempt in the Steelers' 17-14 win at Baltimore on Dec. 5.
Chester was called for a false start after he fired off the line of scrimmage and went right at Harrison.
• As expected, Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu (Achilles) did not practice yesterday. Cornerback Bryant McFadden (abdomen) practiced on a limited basis, as the Steelers are easing him back into action after he got hurt in their regular-season finale at Cleveland. "I'm having abdominal trouble, so it's real sore and tough to move around," McFadden said. "If I take it easy and loosen it up, I think it's going to be better for me."
• Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger apparently owes Ravens nose tackle Kelly Gregg an apology. Gregg, after all, is the player who Roethlisberger initially fingered for the hit that broke his nose on Dec. 5. "I was just joking that I was going to send him the bill," Roethlisberger said. Defensive Haloti Ngata was the player who broke Roethlisberger's nose with a shot to the face. "No way was it on purpose," Roethlisberger said.
• Former Gateway High and West Virginia standout Mortty Ivy was one of six players who the Steelers signed to reserve/future contracts yesterday. In addition to Ivy, a linebacker, the Steelers signed linebacker Baraka Atkins, running back James Johnson, guard Nevin McCaskill, cornerback Donovan Warren and fullback/tight end Jamie McCoy. None of the players signed yesterday are eligible to practice with the Steelers until after the 2010 season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ Polamalu ponders murky future after team’s playoff loss
- Steelers cope with season’s sudden, unsatisfying finish
- Steelers notebook: Ike Taylor says he has ‘years left’ but is ‘very cool’ with ’14 being last season
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon