Steelers' McFadden leaves game with hip injury
• Cornerback Bryant McFadden left the Steelers' 31-24 win Saturday against the Baltimore Ravens with a hip injury, forcing coach Mike Tomlin to do some juggling. With McFadden, who had been hampered by an abdominal injury, out of the lineup, William Gay moved to cornerback and Anthony Madison played nickel back against the Ravens. "We will see where we go as the week goes on," Tomlin said of McFadden. Outside linebacker James Harrison hurt his wrist, but he said the injury is a minor one. Starting right tackle Flozell Adams didn't finish the game because of an illness, and backup safety Will Allen hurt his knee. "I am sure we will have a laundry list of things like we always do after a Steelers and Ravens game," Tomlin said.
• Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel is slated to play in his first Pro Bowl after getting added to the AFC squad yesterday. Keisel, who is in his ninth season with the Steelers, had been a first alternate before Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney pulled out of the game because of an injury. The game will be played Jan. 30 in Honolulu. Keisel tied for third on the Steelers with three sacks despite missing five games with a hamstring injury. He also had 35 tackles, two forced fumbles and an interception that the 6-5, 285-pounder returned for a touchdown. Keisel joins strong safety Troy Polamalu, outside linebacker James Harrison and center Maurkice Pouncey as the Steelers' representatives on the AFC squad. None of the four will play in the game if the Steelers make it to Super Bowl XLV, which is the following Sunday in Dallas.
• Defensive Aaron Smith, as expected, didn't play because of a left arm injury. Smith has missed 11 consecutive games since partially tearing his left triceps. Joining him on the Steelers inactives list were outside linebacker Jason Worilds, cornerback Crezdon Butler, offensive tackles Tony Hills and Chris Scott, defensive tackle Steve McLendon, running back Jonathan Dwyer and Charlie Batch (third quarterback).
Steelers vs. Ravens 1/1 5⁄11
The Steelers defeat Baltimore, 31-24, in an AFC playoff game Saturday January 15, 2011 at Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers not afraid to bring heat with secondary
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell