AFC title game could be defensive showdown
The AFC Championship Game between the Steelers and Jets promises to be a defensive showdown, as both rank among the best in the league.
The Steelers have the NFL's top defense against the run (62.8 yards a game) and scoring (14.5 points a game) and rank second in total yards (276.8), while the Jets allow 19 points a game, 90.9 rushing yards and 291.5 total yards.
MATCHING UP THE LEADERS
Comp. Pct.: 61.7
Comp. Pct.: 54.8
TD/INT: 1 7⁄13
Shonn Greene/LaDainian Tomlinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Steelers’ training camp starts early for Hall of Fame game