AFC title game could be defensive showdown
The AFC Championship Game between the Steelers and Jets promises to be a defensive showdown, as both rank among the best in the league.
The Steelers have the NFL's top defense against the run (62.8 yards a game) and scoring (14.5 points a game) and rank second in total yards (276.8), while the Jets allow 19 points a game, 90.9 rushing yards and 291.5 total yards.
MATCHING UP THE LEADERS
Comp. Pct.: 61.7
Comp. Pct.: 54.8
Shonn Greene/LaDainian Tomlinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters
- Steelers Lookahead: Struggling 0-3 Bucs come to town
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet