AFC title game could be defensive showdown
The AFC Championship Game between the Steelers and Jets promises to be a defensive showdown, as both rank among the best in the league.
The Steelers have the NFL's top defense against the run (62.8 yards a game) and scoring (14.5 points a game) and rank second in total yards (276.8), while the Jets allow 19 points a game, 90.9 rushing yards and 291.5 total yards.
MATCHING UP THE LEADERS
Comp. Pct.: 61.7
Comp. Pct.: 54.8
Shonn Greene/LaDainian Tomlinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Bucs’ Murphy turns back the clock to burn Steelers again
- Play to watch: Buccaneers still rely on old, reliable run play to create seams
- Steelers notebook: Win would bode well for playoff chances