Breaking down Bears vs. Packers
THREE REASONS WHY the Packers will win
1. Aaron Rodgers — Want accuracy• Has 134.5 rating and 77.8 completion percentage in passing for 546 yards with six touchdowns and no interceptions this postseason.
2. Tramon Williams — Underrated cornerback has an NFL-best three interceptions this postseason (six total), and is highly motivated by his Pro Bowl snub.
3. Mike McCarthy — Greenfield native has Packers in NFC Championship Game for second time in four seasons. This time, Brett Favre can't blow it for him.
THREE REASONS WHY the Bears will win
1. Jay Cutler — Threw for 274 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions against Seahawks, and Bears are 9-0 this season when he throws more TDs than picks.
2. Julius Peppers — High-priced off-season acquisition had eight sacks this season, but his pass-rush ability has allowed defensive linemate Tommie Harris to flourish.
3. Greg Olsen — Coming off a three-catch, 113-yard game in which he scored on a 58-yard touchdown, his presence over middle opens up the Bears' passing game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker