Breaking down Bears vs. Packers
THREE REASONS WHY the Packers will win
1. Aaron Rodgers — Want accuracy• Has 134.5 rating and 77.8 completion percentage in passing for 546 yards with six touchdowns and no interceptions this postseason.
2. Tramon Williams — Underrated cornerback has an NFL-best three interceptions this postseason (six total), and is highly motivated by his Pro Bowl snub.
3. Mike McCarthy — Greenfield native has Packers in NFC Championship Game for second time in four seasons. This time, Brett Favre can't blow it for him.
THREE REASONS WHY the Bears will win
1. Jay Cutler — Threw for 274 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions against Seahawks, and Bears are 9-0 this season when he throws more TDs than picks.
2. Julius Peppers — High-priced off-season acquisition had eight sacks this season, but his pass-rush ability has allowed defensive linemate Tommie Harris to flourish.
3. Greg Olsen — Coming off a three-catch, 113-yard game in which he scored on a 58-yard touchdown, his presence over middle opens up the Bears' passing game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Catholic holds ‘emotional’ ceremony for Marino
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Pitt guard Robinson says free-wheeling offense is ‘a lot of fun’
- No shortage of offensive weapons for Aliquippa, Karns City in PIAA game
- Gorman: Aliquippa’s Jordan stars in any role
- WVU’s defensive linemen improving as pass rushers
- House votes to thwart power plant regulations
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Official: Plum SD trying to provide better communication, training in wake of sex scandal