Breaking down Bears vs. Packers
THREE REASONS WHY the Packers will win
1. Aaron Rodgers — Want accuracy• Has 134.5 rating and 77.8 completion percentage in passing for 546 yards with six touchdowns and no interceptions this postseason.
2. Tramon Williams — Underrated cornerback has an NFL-best three interceptions this postseason (six total), and is highly motivated by his Pro Bowl snub.
3. Mike McCarthy — Greenfield native has Packers in NFC Championship Game for second time in four seasons. This time, Brett Favre can't blow it for him.
THREE REASONS WHY the Bears will win
1. Jay Cutler — Threw for 274 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions against Seahawks, and Bears are 9-0 this season when he throws more TDs than picks.
2. Julius Peppers — High-priced off-season acquisition had eight sacks this season, but his pass-rush ability has allowed defensive linemate Tommie Harris to flourish.
3. Greg Olsen — Coming off a three-catch, 113-yard game in which he scored on a 58-yard touchdown, his presence over middle opens up the Bears' passing game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Rossi: Steelers’ ‘march of mediocrity’ baffling