Tomlin: Pouncey not ruled out
» Steelers coach Mike Tomlin refuses to rule out center Maurkice Pouncey, even though all indications are pointing toward the rookie missing Super Bowl XLV. "I don't know what his chances are at this point, to be quite honest with you," Tomlin said. "He is not on a running clock until Wednesday, when you start getting along in your normal preparations." Teammate and close friend Chris Kemoeatu, whose locker is next to Pouncey's, said last week that Pouncey isn't going to play against the Packers. Pouncey remains on crutches and still has a hard cast on the ankle he sprained during the AFC Championship Game. "We are just going to be aggressive as we can to give him every opportunity to possibly get into this football game," Tomlin said. Pouncey is listed as questionable on the injury report.
» It's not Steelers receiver Hines Ward's first rodeo when it comes to the Super Bowl, so it was no shock that he showed up Monday in western wear from head to toe. "I talked to (former Dallas Cowboy) Flozell (Adams), and he told me to be a cowboy, it is about the hat and the belt," Ward said. "I picked out a pretty good belt." Ward went online and found a store in Monroeville that sells western wear and got set up with a cowboy hat, boots, a large belt buckle and jeans to match a black cowboy shirt. "I'm in Dallas," Ward said. "What do you expect?"
» Things are said to be bigger in Texas, and Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel's large beard received plenty of attention yesterday. During a media session, the first eight questions directed to him were about his overgrown facial hair. In all, 11 of the 38 questions asked during the 30-minute session involved his beard.
» Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was inundated with media, including at least dozen television cameras, who surrounded his podium 30 minutes before he was scheduled to speak.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans